TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Xavier by MJ Fields - BLOG TOUR

xavier banner
Today I have the wonderful pleasure of sharing my review of Xavier (Men of Steel #4) by MJ Fields. This fantastic tattoo and pierced bunch of brother's is not to be missed.

xavier

Xavier (Men of Steel #4)

by MJ Fields
Released: 29th April 2014
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

Needing a change Xavier Steel decided to plant his feet in the Jersey sand and start a production company allowing him the ability to re acquaint himself with his true passion in life and make a living doing what he loved, playing and creating music.

Taelyn Patrick is offered an opportunity to make much needed extra money. The hours would be grueling, but she doesn't care. She needs the money to help her fiancé’ Daniel. Daniel and Taelyn had lived together and went to the same college when he was accepted into the medical program at Harvard. Together they made the decision to live separately until Taelyn finished her internship and graduated from college. They had looked at several apartments near Harvard together and fell in love with one. Supporting two households would be a huge financial burden but they knew the apartment would be gone if they waited until she graduated; when they would reunited and again live together.

Taelyn was offered an opportunity she could not afford to turn down. She wasn’t looking forward to helping a spoiled kid start a production company that she was sure would fail. She was less enthusiastic when his mother, her boss, asked that she be available at all times. Josephina explained that she was worried about woman taking advantage of her son financially and damage his kind heart.

Can Xavier curb his sexual appetite and become a responsible young man? Or will he find himself in bed with women who will do whatever they have to for there own financial gain?

d14a4-addtogoodreads

hearts

My Review

Xavier is the second book I’ve read from MJ Fields and certainly not the last. The first book I read and the first in the series, Jase was great and I was looking forward to reading more. The Men of Steel series is hot, intriguing and captivating. You can read each book out of order if need be, it won’t affect the overall premise. I enjoyed the fun banter between all the characters and the lingo. I loved this book a little more than Jase, Xavier just seemed more fun and more of a bad boy. I can’t wait to read Cyrus though, the eldest brother with the most attitude.

Xavier Steel is a twenty three year old playboy that seems to get into trouble and brings embarrassment to his family. The youngest of the Steel boys, Xavier has had to watch the others find their place in life. Xavier isn’t so lucky, he doesn’t know what he wants and only thinks about the next girl he will seduce.

To escape the media, the whole family is in Italy. Xavier is tired of watching his brothers and partners with their happiness and is determined to find his own path. Although he wants to make it on his own terms. Going back home, Xavier has decided to start his own production company. His mother helps by hiring an assistant for him.

Taelyn Patrick is the only female sibling. With three brothers and a Boston Detective for a father, life hasn’t been very girly and relationships were not common. Taelyn met Daniel three years ago and has been with him ever since. Daniel is going to college and Taelyn is looking for a job to help pay for his tuition; Momma Joe called and offered her the position of Xavier’s assistant and with the amount of money she was offering, Taelyn couldn’t turn it down.

Xavier wasn’t too excited about learning of his new assistant, her personnel file was of a dorky, pure girl that wouldn’t be able to handle a playboy like Xavier. But when he met her in person, that all changed. Taelyn is a beautiful young woman with a lot of intelligence and know how.

Together this unlikely duo set about creating the office and finding local talent. The more they worked together, the more Taelyn saw the real Xavier and his handsome features.

Can Taelyn quell Xavier’s sexual prowess? Will Xavier create a company that his family will be proud of? Will his bad boy ways be squashed by this innocent, strong willed Irish lass?

I love the protectiveness of Xavier, he proves that he genuinely cares for Taelyn; but will she treat him just like a brother or something much more? Taelyn is splendid, she doesn’t hold back and tells it like it is. I loved this book and all the characters, such a loveable family and so loyal to each other. This is a new adult series that must be read.

5 SEXY XAVIER HEARTS

5 SEXY XAVIER HEARTS
xavier teaser2

Other books in the series:

xavier teaser1

About the Author

MJMJ Fields had no clue what she was getting into when she began the journey of writing. She say's, "I still don't--but I like it!"
Her imagination became apparent at age three. Sigma was her very first (imaginary) boyfriend. He lived about fifteen miles from her family's farm. She took him chicken noodle soup every night on one of their snowmobiles.(Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring). Apparently he was very ill and "Thank God" she was able to take care of him.
At eight her love for writing blossomed. Together with her cousins (of course she was the president) they wrote a newsletter and sold it to their family members.
Years later she decided to put it back into print to entertain her cousin as she was on an aircraft carrier on 9/11, very far away from home during a scary time for our country.
Fast forward to 2012. She read 50 Shades and thought, 'I wanna do that!' (meaning writing).
She has two complete series, The Love Series and Wrapped. There are also two new series Burning Souls and Men of Steel that are as of now not complete. Thirteen books in sixteen months. CrAzY and wonderful.
She loves love!
Her Mom raised her right. She says please and thank you and means it. She expects the same out of her child. 'It's the right thing to do.'
Her mother taught her to take care of herself and others. 'I don't like leaving the house without mascara even if I'm in an oversized hoody and warm up pants.'
Her Dad taught her how to work hard and never expect to be handed anything. She likes to work and doesn't mind getting dirty.
Both taught her to be respectful and the importance of doing the right thing regardless of what people around her do. They taught her about the importance of family and that it didn't always just include blood relatives. They also tried to teach her how to keep my thoughts to myself...she is still working on that.
MJ tends to enjoy watching people grow and change with self realization and moments of clarity that just sneak up behind you and smack you in the head.
She loves people and has always been able to see both sides of a story. 'Each person that comes into our life leaves us with something it is what we choose to do with it that helps us grow.'
She lives in central New York in the middle of nowhere and is surrounded by family and friend most the time. She ran a small business out of her home and has recently closed her door to pursue this dream full time. She spends time writing and doing the typical Mommy things. Her house is full of pets, friends, and noise ninety percent of the time, and she would have it no other way.

Giveaway