TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Yours Truly, Taddy by Avery Aster

Summary: Jetting to Martinique for a modeling assignment with three of Europe’s hottest magazine photographers—Gustave, Fabian, and Leon—should’ve been easy, breezy beautiful. Never did I expect to look up and see a hole in the ceiling of our plane that was bigger in size than my Birkin bag.

Shit! We’re nose-diving toward Eden Island. I pictured how my New York Times obituary might read when I’m gone, “Taddy Brill, Manhattanite, dethroned descendant of the Austrian House of Brillford royalty, dies at age eighteen, penniless, unloved, and a virgin.” I swear this crap only happens to me. Suddenly, Leon pulls me with Fabian and Gustave. Adrenaline racing through me, our bodies clung as one. We prepared to…crash.

The Undergrad Years is a New Adult contemporary miniseries about first loves, independence, and everlasting friendships.

Reader warning: Contains mature content intended for readers 17 and up.

trulymadly taddyTitle: Yours Truly, Taddy
Series: The Undergrad Years #2
Author: Avery Aster
Publisher: Self Published
Released: 11th April 2014
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Format: eBook
Source: Supplied by Xpresso Book Tours for an honest review, also via NetGalley and purchased on Kobo.

Yours Truly, Taddy is another fabulous instalment in the Undergrad Years by Avery Aster. I absolutely love the fun banter and the loyalty between the four friends. I thought Lady V was a glamorous way of putting virginity and now that is the only way I can think of it. :)

Tabitha Adelaide Brillford or Taddy Brill to everyday people is an eighteen year old with many complications in her life. Her friends think of her as a 6’ tall glamazon that has the makings of a supermodel. But as Taddy graduated top of her class and is ready to enter the world of college, she isn’t just beautiful but brilliant.

If Taddy wants to attend college though, her only option is to model. It seems that when Taddy was thirteen and dropped off at Avon Porter Academy, her parents’ never wanted to see her again and that meant her funds were non-existent. The opportunity to travel to the Caribbean and be photographed by one of the best couldn’t be turned down. In Taddy’s entourage are her besties, Blake, Vive and Lex; they came along to help support Taddy and enjoy their summer before college starts.

So here they were, sitting in a smallish plane on their way to the Caribbean with the photography crew in front and the only thing the four friends can think about is how incredibly hot the crew all are and whether they are interested in men or women.

All of a sudden Taddy spots a tear in the ceiling of the plane and everything turns into disarray. When Taddy wakes, she is lying on debris in the ocean with Leon, their set designer. Obviously nothing went to plan.

Will Leon open up to Taddy now they are the only ones floating in the ocean? What happened to the others? Will Taddy die without losing her Lady V? Will Taddy be able to attend college?

I don’t want to give away any of the fun that Taddy has, so you will just have to pick up the series and follow their entertaining lives and the interesting ways they copulate. Taddy is certainly my favourite character and seems to be the glue between the four friends. I cannot wait to read more by Ms Aster, whether it’s from the Manhattanite’s or the Undergrad Years series, I love them both.
5 FUN & SEXY HEARTS

5 FUN & SEXY HEARTS
d14a4-addtogoodreads

hearts
Other books in the Undergrad Years and The Manhattanites so far:

trulymadly taddy

My review for Undressed is HERE, Unscrupulous is HERE and Love, Lex is HERE.

hearts

About the Author

averyasterNew York Times, USA Today bestselling author Avery Aster pens The Manhattanites, a modern romance series of juicy melodramas multilayered on love, friendship, scandal, and drama to the hilt. As a resident of New York’s Upper East Side and a graduate from New York University, Avery gives readers an inside look at the city’s glitzy nightlife, socialite sexcapades and tall tales of the über-rich and ultra-famous. “I write about what I see in my metropolis that never sleeps–beautiful people on the quest for a passionate thrill,” Avery says. By and large, Avery’s characters are ripped straight from the headlines, speak their minds and always get what they want.

Undressed #1 (Lex & Massimo) launched The Manhattanites series. Unscrupulous #2 (Taddy & Warner) is the prequel. Also, stay tuned for the sequel with Unsaid #3 (Blake & Miguel) coming summer 2014.

The Manhattanites is for fans who miss TV shows like Sex & The City or watch Girls (HBO), Revenge (ABC), and The Bold & the Beautiful (CBS) . Avery’s characters are over the top. They have cray-cray fun, speak their minds and always get what they want. Each novel may be read as a stand alone.

XBTHostButton2