TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

4* Book Review of Freedom by S.A. Wolfe - BLOG TOUR

FreedomTourBanner2
Check out this great series. Don't you love the cover of Freedom? I know I do.

Freedom

Freedom (Fearsome #2)

by S.A. Wolfe
Released: 7th April 2014
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

*This is a stand-alone sequel to Fearsome. No cliffhanger!

Dylan Blackard is back in town and certain everyone knows his secrets.

Putting away his notorious reputation as the wild guy with a womanizing past, he’s now on a new path, wanting to be the good guy his brother can stop worrying over. As long as he gives up his old vices—including women—he can keep himself on the straight and narrow and finally live up to everyone’s expectations.

However, obsessing about his lack of self-control is making Dylan one humorless, cranky hermit. That all changes, though, when his brother hires a new employee, the stunning Emma Keller, who will be sharing an office with him and all of his tightly wound nerves. Emma, a spunky young woman from New Jersey, isn’t about to feel sorry for Dylan and his situation. She is beyond distracting to him, and that is enough to turn his emotional balancing act upside down. Not only is she intelligent, and a smart aleck, she’s also very determined to pull the sexy Dylan Blackard out of his self-imposed isolation.

From the moment he meets her, he feels alive again, but Emma doesn’t come as a gift with a pretty bow; she comes with major baggage—a family embedded in its own tumultuous history.

Will Emma be the tipping point that causes Dylan to regress into his past destructive behaviors…or will he actually pursue her for keeps?

*Due to adult language and sexual content, this New Adult Contemporary Romance is intended for readers over the age of 18.

431d7-addtogoodreads

My Review

Freedom is my first encounter with a novel by S.A. Wolfe and I am not disappointed. I’m definitely going to read Fearsome very soon to find out Jessica and Carson’s story and it sounds just as exciting. My only annoyance was with Emma, she just couldn’t let Dylan share his past in his own time, pushy pushy woman. I loved Ms Wolfe’s writing style and with some mystery added into the mix, this certainly is an electrifying and intriguing romance.

Dylan Blackard is a very troubled man. At only twenty four, Dylan has had to endure some very extenuating circumstances and it hasn’t done anything good to his self-worth. Returning to town after being gone for six months, Dylan is focused on working out and working in his brother’s business.

Dylan gets back from a business trip to find his brother, Carson has hired a sales assistant to work together with Dylan and didn’t keep him in the loop. Emma is standing at the reception desk when Dylan walks in and he is speechless. Dylan has been avoiding everybody and become a recluse, trying to change his womanising ways. But when he sees Emma the first time, well his whole body lights up like a firecracker.

Emma Keller is a twenty three year old that has had a life associated to the crime world and is trying to escape to start fresh. With the help from her college friends, Lauren and Imogene, she has found a job and moved to a small country town. Leaving behind an ex, Robert and her family.

Emma’s first impression of Dylan was that he looked like a mercenary. Big muscles with attitude! When they start working together though, Dylan tries to stay as far away as he can and is quite brusque towards her. Emma doesn’t know what she’s done, but when circumstances change and Emma needs a helping hand, Dylan doesn’t hesitate to help.

The more time they spend together, the more Emma realises there is a lot more to Dylan than his muscles and testy attitude. When trouble comes knocking on her door, the guys at work all step up to support and protect Emma without any hesitation.

Carson is a great boss, but one of the problems with small towns is that the rumour mill is quick and strong. Can Emma ignore all the rumours and take Dylan for face value? Will they trust each other enough to share their secrets and fears? Will Emma every truly be safe and away from the crime underworld?

When Emma finally realises that people aren’t what they seem, she grows up, puts her big girl panties on and deals. With a happy ever after and a combination of mystery, action and lots of lust, Freedom is a winner and I hope there will be more from Ms Wolfe, sharing Imogene’s and Lauren’s stories. I recommend this to new adult readers that want something a little different and a lot intriguing.

4 FULL ON INTRIGUING HEARTS

4 FULL ON INTRIGUING HEARTS
hearts
First book in the series:
fearsome

About the Author

S. A. Wolfe lives with her very loud, opinionated children and husband. She is a voracious reader and passionate about writing, and when those two activities don’t keep her locked away in her room, she loves roaming the streets of New York City. Sometimes she even hikes mountains, but most of the time she finds excellent ways to procrastinate.

Giveaway

Four (4) ecopies of Freedom (open internationally)
Two (2) Signed Paperbacks of Freedom (U.S. only)
Two (2) $50 Amazon Gift Card (open internationally)

a Rafflecopter giveaway