TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Wrecked by Priscilla West

Summary: “There would be no happy ending for us. He was too damaged. I was too broken.”

Two years ago, Lorrie’s mother was murdered. But that wasn’t the end of it. Reeling from the tragedy, Lorrie’s father spiraled into alcohol, depression, and finally suicide.

The two most important people in Lorrie’s life are both gone but she’s still alive.

Trying to recover from the tragedy, Lorrie returns to campus, ready to pick up the pieces of her life. All Lorrie wants is to get back to “normal.”

Then she meets Hunter. The man, the legend, “the Hammer.”

Hunter is a cage fighter who takes on every fight like he’s got nothing to lose. His life is a tangled mess of girls, booze, and fist fights. And while it may seem like he’s got a devil-may-care attitude, he’s fighting a private cage-match with a monster he can’t defeat.

Lorrie knows that Hunter is the exact type of guy she should stay away from, especially in her fragile state, but Hunter has other ideas.

As Hunter and Lorrie grow closer together, will they be able to overcome their pain and heal each other? Or will they both end up wrecked?

Title: Wrecked
Series: Wrecked #1
Author: Priscilla West
Publisher: Blackbird Publishing
Released: 16th December 2013
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Format: eGalley
Source: via Publisher on NetGalley, thank you.

OOOOMMMMMGGGGGG!! I cannot get this book out of my head. Wrecked was utterly amazing, so addictive and unique. I just loved it to pieces. I have been telling everybody about this book because it is stuck in my mind and the ending left me wanting, no needing more. Priscilla West is extraordinary; her prose and premise kept me hooked and Hunter, every female needs to read about Hunter.

Lorrie Burnham is a twenty year old that’s returned to college after taking three semesters off. Lorrie’s parents were divorced, but her father still loved her mother and couldn’t live with his ex-wife being murdered. Lorrie had to endure a televised trial and dealing with the hype that surrounded it, became a homebody living with her Aunt.

Lorrie arrived at college early to get settled and was sitting on a bridge contemplating life when she leant over too far and fell into the icy water below. Trapped beneath, Lorrie tries to break through without success and believes she is going to die. A strong hand breaks through and grabs a hold of Lorrie, a muscled and tattooed guy. Both shivering and freezing cold, the guy takes Lorrie back to his apartment to warm up.

The guy offered her clothes and a warm shower and while he was warming up, Lorrie ran off embarrassed. Back in her dorm and to her three dorm mates, Lorrie is trying to get this guy out of her mind and concentrate on being back in college. Her best friend, Daniela has been there with Lorrie throughout the trial and is excited that she’s back.

Daniela convinces Lorrie to go on a double date with her, but it didn’t go so well and Lorrie feigned her need for the bathroom to head out and see what the kafuffle is outside. Standing beside the ring of a cage fight, Lorrie is confused and shocked to discover her rescuer is none other than the guy standing in the ring. His name is Hunter “the hammer” Jensen! Hunter spots Lorrie in the crowd, but she takes off again before he gets out of the ring.

Someone grabs Lorrie before she can get too far away and it’s Hunter wanting to talk. Lorrie wants to concentrate on college and isn’t interested in a romantic relationship, so she explains this to Hunter and they are in agreement. But gee, it’s hard to keep her hands to herself with all that muscle and mystery.

Spending more time together and really enjoying each other’s company, they have a movie marathon at Hunter’s apartment and Lorrie falls asleep. Freaking out she runs again and avoids him altogether.

Why is it so hard for Lorrie to take things further with Hunter? Will Hunter just give up trying to be with Lorrie? What is Hunter’s story? Will they be together in the end?

I loved the unpredictable twists that kept me guessing and the ending, goodness gracious, it’s why I can’t stop thinking about Hunter and Lorrie. This is definitely a must read for all new adult romance readers. I can’t tell you any more without giving it away or how much more I loved this book, but go grab it now!

5 UNPREDICTABLE and UNFORGETTABLE HEARTS

5 UNPREDICTABLE and UNFORGETTABLE HEARTS
431d7-addtogoodreads

hearts

About the Author

Priscilla West is the author of the Sandstone Affair and the Surrender series. She likes to write stories with sassy heroines and strong but flawed heroes.

She enjoys: cuddles, men in suits, eskimo kisses, life-sized teddy bears, and eggs over medium.

f957e-netgalley_logo