TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Manic by JA Huss

Summary: TRAGIC is over and Rook is ready for the future—Spencer Shrike and the STURGIS contract!

It’s three months of body art modeling! That means three months of Spencer Shrike’s paintbrush all over her body, three months in front of Antoine’s camera, and three months of twenty-four hour filming for Spencer’s Biker Channel reality show.
/> Wait a minute…what reality show? Maybe she should’ve read that STURGIS contract a little closer? ;)

Sure, Rook’s bank account is almost overflowing, but Ronin is angry, Clare is trying to escape rehab, Antoine is a worried mess, and Elise is just trying to hold everyone together. Her new family is about to fall apart before she even gets the chance to enjoy them.

Add in a mysterious man from her past, a road trip to the famous Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, and a final show in front of the entire world where all her goods are on display, and you’ve got Manic—a new adult contemporary romance that will definitely make your summer sizzle!

manicTitle: Manic
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Format: Kobo eBook
Source: My Kobo Library

**** Please note there may be spoilers for Tragic ****

Book two in the amazing Rook and Ronin series is Manic and is terrific. I absolutely loved Tragic, so original and intriguing that I couldn’t put it down. Manic wasn’t any different, I just had to keep reading to find out what happened. A month ago, Rook was homeless, broke and running for her life. Now she is an erotic model earning big dollars. With secrecy and sexual tension, this is a must series.

Signing the Sturgis contract wasn’t something that Rook Walsh thought through. Having a biker paint her naked skin from head to toe is quite personal, but so is having people watching the process. I hope Rook doesn’t have any prudish qualities!

Without reading the contract in detail, she discovered a film crew will be following her around for three months, photographed on bikes and walking down the centre of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. Ronin is beside himself with worry, he is angry that she accepted without consulting him and she now has to endure the consequences.

Antoine is the photographer and Rook trusts him, but when Ronin runs off the take care of Clare (Antoine’s niece) in rehab, Rook feels all alone and vulnerable. The artist painting her body is Spencer Shrike, the owner of the bike shop and Rook does respect his artistic abilities, but when he is posing with her while Ronin is away, well, their feelings escalates and steam starts to rise.

Upheaval ensues when the men argue over the painted outfits and Rook has had enough, she just wants it done. Ford Aston is the producer of the show and is attracted to Rook as well. The three men are having trouble with the shoots and Rook goes off.

Ronin is gone again, Rook is out at Spencer’s shop and while she’s driving gets pulled over for speeding. Checking up on her they discover Rook’s past is trying to catch up with her. Rook freaks out, she doesn’t want to be found.

Rook is now in danger and doesn’t want to be left by herself, but when circumstances are unavoidable, the inevitable happens.

Will Rook have to face her past in order to move into the future? Will Ronin ever truly be with Rook if Clare is always in the picture? Can Rook survive the contract, with photo shoots, shows and being painted in every spot on her body? What will she choose to do next since money won’t be a problem?

I love the interesting shoots and the way that Rook has to act to get that perfect shot. There are twists and turns along the way that cause havoc and question who will Rook be with in the end. The character growth and the back story that becomes evident with the men really add to the overall story and give you a glimpse into the next instalments. I highly recommend this series to all new adult romance readers for something a little different and exciting.
5 HOT STEAMY HEARTS

5 HOT STEAMY HEARTS
432ba-goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47

hearts

Other books in the series:

You can see my review of Tragic HERE.

hearts

About the Author

author_photo_JA_Huss200JA Huss is the author of the Amazon bestselling Rook and Ronin series, the epic science fiction I Am Just Junco series, and hundreds of kid-friendly science books in subjects such as biology, physics, anatomy and physiology, astronomy, and forensics. She has an undergraduate degree in equine science and a master’s degree in forensic toxicology. She has never taken a creative writing class and she hopes she never will.

You can find her on Facebook if you want to chat

You can join the newsletter and get free sneak peeks of upcoming stories.

kobologo