TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

4* Book Review of Born in Chains by Caris Roane

Summary: In the epic battle of vampire against vampire, one warrior's fate is bound to a mortal woman who controls him, commands him, and craves him like no other…

Chained For Life

Two years ago, the rogue vampires invaded Lily Haven's home and kidnapped her son. Now, if she hopes to see her child again, she must do the unthinkable—bind herself, body and soul, to a vampire warrior. She must choose one of the rogue army's prisoners of war and force him to do her bidding. But when she sees the warrior, Adrien, naked, beaten, and straining against his chains, it is she who is held captive…

Hungry For More

Adrien has been waiting for her. A beautiful woman who appears to him in visions. Who soothes his tortured body, feeds his erotic cravings—and quenches his thirst for blood. But Lily is more than he ever hoped for. She is the master of his destiny, and he is her willing slave. Even when she asks him to find the ultimate weapon for his enemies, he must obey her. Even if the task destroys them both, he will fight for her love, forever…

Title: Born in Chains
Series: Men in Chains #1
Author: Caris Roane
Publisher: St Martins Press
Released: 1st October 2013
Genre: Adult Paranormal Romance
Format: Google eBook
Source: My GooglePlay Library

I originally saw this series on NetGalley and was immediately interested. I haven’t read a vampire book like this and it was very exhilarating. Caris Roane has a fantastic writing style and her characters are complicated, causing you to read on and discover their secrets. I loved this book, though I wasn’t completely addicted; but in saying that I definitely had to find out what happened to Adrien and Lily.

Adrien and his brothers have been captured and tortured for the past year. They are bound in chains and deprived of blood in the Himalaya’s. Adrien felt her presence and has visions of a beautiful woman, but who is she and why does he feel a connection?

Lily Haven is a human and will be bound to Adrien. Two years ago, Lily’s life fell apart. Her neighbourhood was attacked by a swarm of vampires and her family taken from her. For two years she believed her son was dead with her husband and daughter, but then Harris Kiernan entered her life and made a bargain. Lily is a tracker and being bound to Adrien will increase her power allowing them to find the extinction weapon.

Lily didn’t even know that vampires existed and now she is to be bound to one. Frightened beyond belief, Lily is determined to find this weapon and get her son back quickly. Walking into the dungeon, Lily is horrified by what she sees. Adrien is released, cleaned up, bound and they head to Paris. Adrien’s first need is blood and with the blood he needs a coupling. Lily has to decide if she will offer her blood and body, through the chains she can feel his pain and his needs.

They prepare for the mission, but they are not alone in the apartment. They have been warned that fanatics are hunting them down to stop the tracking couple from finding the weapon. One such fanatic is in the study ready to pounce.

Adrien calls upon his known allies and starts searching for clues. They have to keep watch for the fanatics, but also other enemies. Adrien and his brothers have killed a lot of vampires in their day. They are known as the policing force in the vampire world. They stop vampires from killing humans and letting the secret vampire world known to all humankind.

Lily cannot trust a vampire, they killed her family after all, but with the bond they share, her emotions are known to Adrien and vice versa. Will she realise, like humans, vampires can be good and evil? Can she learn to trust and care for Adrien? Will they find the extinction weapon? Will Lily embrace her son again?

Born in Chains is full of intrigue, mystery, betrayal, lust, hot steamy interactions and loyalty. This was a great beginning for the series and I cannot wait to read more of this trio of vampire goodness. Check out the novellas, Savage Chains #1, 2 and 3 and then Chains of Darkness.
4 BINDING HEARTS

4 BINDING HEARTS
432ba-goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47

hearts

Other books in the series:

hearts

About the Author

Hi, Everyone! Caris Roane here! I’m a USA Today Bestselling Author and I write super-sexy paranormal romance fiction designed to be as much an adventure as a soul-satisfying experience. With every book I write, I try to give a taste of real life, despite the fact that I’m writing about hunky vampire warriors. You’ll come away engrossed in the lives of my vampires as they wage war, as they make love, and as they answer the tough questions of life in terms of purpose, eternity, and how to raise a family! I began my career with Kensington Publishing writing Regency Romance as Valerie King. In 2005, Romantic Times Magazine honored me with a career achievement award in Regency Romance. I’ve published fourteen paranormal novels to-date, some self-published and some for St. Martin’s Press! I’ve also branched out into Contemporary Romance with A SEDUCTIVE PROPOSITION!

Google-Play-Logo