TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

5* Book Review of Irons by MJ Fields - BLOG TOUR

IronsTourBannsHave a look at this new series by MJ Fields, another fantastic start and I can't wait for more.
Irons

Irons by MJ Fields

(The Norfolk Series #1)
Released: August 10th 2014
Genre: New Adult Romance

Jax
I was born and bred to be the man I am today. My father and his father were both graduates from The United States Naval Academy in Annapolis. Both went on to become helicopter pilots. Both had seen plenty of action. Both had met and caused devastation. Both men, who I respect more above all, had served and protected the United States and her people honorably for decades.

My best friend, William Cruz, who attended the academy with me, had flown beside me, had lived the same life as I had and shared the same ambitions in life, was gone now. This was not part of the plan. Will and I were supposed to have each other’s backs, support each other and never let anything supersede our bond.

Francesca
I sat on Norfolk Beach needing to feel close to him on the anniversary of his death. It was a beautiful day in May and I was cutting class. I had done the same every year since he passed.

Jaxson Irons was only supposed to be in Pensacola for a year. But now three years later I still hadn't heard from him. I saw a man running down the beach and I knew immediately who it was.

Jaxson didn't respond the way I had dreamed he would. He told me we would catch up someday soon. I stood and watched until he was gone.

Thump, thump. I placed my hand on my chest as I felt my heart beat again for what felt like the first time in three years. Thump, thump. I felt the blood moving quickly through my body. Its heat once again present. Thump, thump. I looked up at the sky and let out a breath. A breath that I had been holding forever. Thump, thump.

I felt tears fall down my face as I raised my hands in the air and laughed out loud. Just then the clouds parted for the first time in forever. I saw the sun smiling down on me.

hearts

My Review

I have read a couple of MJ Fields other books, the Men of Steel series and loved Xavier. When this tour came up, I couldn’t pass the opportunity to read a new series and I am certainly not disappointed. My only worry is that I really need the next book now….ggggrrrr! The characters that Ms Fields creates are lovable and very captivating, with Jax being mister overprotective and Frankie the heartbroken lost girl.

Jaxson Iron was born and raised to become a President, going through the ranks of the Navy, he has seen horrible events and when he lost his best mate, his world changed. Some might say for the better, but others would say for the worse.

His best mate William Cruz was a lovable caring and protective brother to Francesca Cruz. For six years Jax was an honorary member of the Cruz family and when William died, he couldn’t face this broken family with so many memories that hurt. On the day of William’s funeral, Jax had to leave Norfolk and head to Pensacola. This meant leaving the Cruz family as well and the then 15 year old Francesca, who admitted her feelings that she’s had for years. Figuring she had nothing to lose now her brother is gone, she kissed and admitted her love to Jax. Jax was shocked by Frankie’s confession and tries to put it out of his mind.

Three long years later with 2 years training newbies and 1 year on the sea, Jax has finally returned to Norfolk and as fate would have it runs into Frankie on the anniversary of William’s death. Both shocked, Frankie quickly recovers jumping into Jax’s arms, but he quickly tells her he has to go.

That day was the day everything changed for both of them. Frankie has been living in darkness for three years and Jax has felt numb. Now that they have found each other, feelings and light have descended on them and it cannot be denied. Jax tried his hardest to discourage Frankie, but when she’s standing naked in front of him, well what can a man do?

Jax has no experience with relationships and Frankie is temperamental, they are forever disagreeing and jealous, but never forget their moments spent in intimacy. When Frankie receives an anonymous phone call warning her away from Jax, things start to get dangerous.

Jax is determined to find out what is going on, but with his obligations to his parents, spending time with another woman is unavoidable and Frankie cannot handle it. Will she go back into her darkness and never resurface? Will Jax finally admit his feelings? Who is trying to scare Frankie away from Jax and why?

There were twists galore in this one and the ending, OMGoodness I need the next book. Frankie wasn’t my favourite, but did love her independence. I loved Shadows with his fun banter at Mary, will they get together? Overall a fun and exciting read that all new adult romance readers need to pick up.
5 MYSTERIOUS HEART-BREAKING  HEARTS

5 MYSTERIOUS HEART-BREAKING HEARTS
hearts

About the Author

MJMJ Fields's love of writing was in full swing by age eight. Together with her cousins, she wrote a newsletter and sold it to family members. Today, she has four self-published series comprised of seventeen titles, including MEN OF STEEL, which was acquired by Swoon Romance in June 2014. MJ is a bestselling erotica author and former small business owner, who recently closed the business so she could write full time.

MJ lives in central New York, surrounded by family and friends. Her house is full of pets, friends, and noise ninety percent of the time, and she would have it no other way.

Giveaway