TurnersAntics

Turner's Antics

Day in the life of a Mum with 3 kids and loves to read! With my many gadgets.

4* Book Review of Made For You by Melissa Marr - BLOG TOUR

MadeForYouTourBanner Below you will find a new standalone from Melissa Marr, a Southern Gothic Young Adult read that has something for everybody.
MadeForYou

Made for You by Melissa Marr

Publisher: HarperCollins
Released: 16th September 2014
Genre: Young Adult Southern Gothic

Bestselling author of the Wicked Lovely books Melissa Marr’s first contemporary YA novel is a twisted southern gothic tale of obsession, romance, and murder. A killer is obsessed with Eva Tilling. Can she stop him, or will he claim her?

When Eva Tilling wakes up in the hospital, she’s confused—who in her sleepy little North Carolina town could have hit her with their car? And why? But before she can consider the question, she finds that she’s awoken with a strange new skill: the ability to foresee people’s deaths when they touch her. While she is recovering from the hit-and-run, Nate, an old flame, reappears, and the two must traverse their rocky past as they figure out how to use Eva’s power to keep her friends—and themselves—alive. But while Eva and Nate grow closer, the killer grows increasingly frantic in his attempt to get to Eva.

For the first time, New York Times bestselling author Melissa Marr has applied her extraordinary talent to contemporary realism. Chilling twists, unrequited obsession, and high-stakes romance drive this Gothic, racy thriller—a story of small-town oppression and salvation. Melissa’s fans, and every YA reader, will find its wild ride enthralling.

25b75-addtogoodreads

hearts

My Review

I am a big fan of Melissa Marr and couldn’t wait to read her new masterpiece. Made For You was a mysterious and intriguing read that held me captive until the very end. With three POV’s, every angle was covered and the romance between Nate and Eva was a great inclusion to the whole story.

Eva Cooper-Tilling is the princess of Jessup High School and as such has the responsibility to appear cool, calm and collected. With the town being an old school town, prominence matters and who you officially date must come from the right kind of family. For the past year, Eva has been dating Robert Baucom, who is the prince of Jessup and everything was running smoothly until one night Eva is hit by a car.

When Eva wakes she’s in a hospital, but doesn’t understand what happened. The night of the accident is fuzzy. Her best friend, Grace is by her side. Discovering that she was hit by a car, Eva wants to assess the damage done to her body. With a broken leg, that’s obvious, but with scrapes, cuts and bruising all over, it’s a little harder to determine. Grace reluctantly hands over a mirror and Eva is disgusted by the abrasions on her face that will leave scarring for life.

While Eva is recovering in hospital, Nate appears and after getting old grievances out of the way, they become friends again. The more time they spend together, the more their crushes come to light. They both have crushed on the other without knowing and because Eva almost lost her life, she doesn’t want to hold back any more. While Eva and Nate were talking, he touches her hand and BAM somehow Eva is now inside Nate and witnessing his death. How is that possible?

A few days later, the pair watch the news to discover that one of their friends has been killed in a car crash. It appeared that Michelle swerved to miss an oncoming car. In shock Eva doesn’t know what to think, is it coincidence or is there a pattern?

Now at home, Eva’s parents are hovering with due cause. The Detective visits and shows Eva some very disturbing pictures. There is somebody close to Eva murdering her classmates. Who would do such a thing? Who is Judge? Will there be more victims? Can Eva use her new ability to discover who, what, when and why? Will Nate be accepted by her friends?

Watch as Eva does everything she can to discover who the murderer is and keep her friends safe. If sacrificing herself means saving her friends, then so be it. Made For You was certainly psychologically creepy. Ms Marr has a way of drawing the reader in with the gruesome detailing, creepy characters and a little romance. This one has something for everybody.
4 CREEPY MYSTERIOUS HEARTS

4 CREEPY MYSTERIOUS HEARTS
hearts

About the Author

MelissaHmm, I’m never good at the bio bit. I used to teach college & bartend, now I write novels. I love to meet new people, to hear their stories, to walk through new streets and see new vistas. I enjoy art in all its guises–graffiti, surrealist paintings, classic sculptures, tattoos, interesting buildings, Renoir, photography . . . Art & nature, they feed my soul & thus my muse.

Giveaway

Tour-wide giveaway (US & Canada)

All 5 of Melissa's Wicked Lovely books (paperback),